12 Things to Do in St. Charles County This Weekend
Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- Missouri Grape Wine and Dine Dinner: Saturday at 5:30 p.m. at St. Charles Convention Center, 1 Convention Center Plz, St. Charles. Don cocktail attire and enjoy a wine reception followed by plated gourmet dinner at the annual Midwest Grape conference. Keynote speaker is Tim Hanni, the "Wine Anti-Snob" and entertainment provided by Laurie Forster, a sommelier and comedian.
- Five Acres Spay-ghetti Dinner & Auction: Friday at 6 p.m. at Stegton Regency Banquet & Conference Center, 1450 Wall St., St. Charles. This family friendly event includes a delicious spaghetti dinner, a silent auction, raffle, kids corner to raise money for Five Acres Animal Shelter, the only no-kill shelter in St. Charels County. To purchase tickets, visit www.blacktie-missouri.com/RSVP and enter event code FAAS208.
- DJ Skate in St. Peters: Friday from 7-9 p.m. at St. Peters Rec-Plex, 5200 Mexico Rd. Families welcome for skating, games and prizes. Cost is Rec-Plex admission (plus $3 skate rental, if needed).
- MARDI GRAS Ladies Night: Friday at 7 p.m. at I Am What I Am, 107 N Main St., St. Charles. In this class you will create your own Mardi Gras mask! Decked out with sparkle, bling and feathers! All materials will be provided.
- Arthur Miller's "A View from the Bridge": Friday-Saturday at 7:30 p.m. at J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts, 2300 W Clay St., St. Charles. For more information about the production, contact the Lindenwood Box Office at 636-949-4433 or Emily Jones, chair of the Lindenwood University Theatre Department, at email@example.com or 636-949-4838.
- Help Tally Wintering Birds at O’Fallon’s Great Backyard Bird Count: Saturday between 8 and 11 a.m in Fort Zumwalt Park, 1000 Jessup Drive, O’Fallon. Anyone can participate, including beginning bird watchers, families and experts. Bring binoculars, if possible. Parking is free. For $2, residents can tour historic Heald Home, which is hosting an exhibit of photographs of Missouri birds.
- Truffle Shuffle: Saturday at 8:30 a.m. at St. Charles Community College, 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Dr., Cottleville. Big River Running Company, organizes this Valentine's Day themed run and this year chose St. Louis Variety to benefit from proceeds. Participants will receive chocolate finisher medals, fondue, hot chocolate, mugs and a T-shirt. To find out more details, visit www.bigriverrunning.com.
- 3rd Annual Taste of Main Street: Saturday at 1 p.m. at R.T. Weiler's, 201 N Main St., St. Charles. Participants will start at RT Weiler's and sample appetizers and drink specials from four of the local pubs and then vote for their favorite. This event is sponsored by St. Charles Sunrise Rotary Club. The group will hand out gift cards as prizes. Proceeds from this event allow the St. Charles Sunrise Rotary Club to continue to support local organizations.
- Pickin' & Singin' Night: Saturday at 6:30 p.m. at Frenchtown Heritage Museum, 1121 N 2nd St., St. Charles. Bring your instrument and jam with a few local musicians or stop by to listen and sing along. The event is free for the entire family. Get to know the Frenchtown Museum and members of the community. If you would like to play for us or for more information, contact Dorothy Boshears at 636-724-2106.
- United States Air Force Band of Mid-America Shades of Blue Jazz Ensemble: Sunday at 1:30 p.m. at 600 Campus Dr, Wentzville. Hear the tunes of big band jazz, bebop, swing and modern jazz.
- Daddy and Me Valentine's Day Tea: Sunday at 2 p.m. at Aggie's Closet & Tea Room, 9036 Veterans Memorial Pky, O Fallon. Includes lunch, drinks, dessert, favors and games for girls and dad or grandpa.
- Foundry Art Centre Free Family Fun Day: Sunday at noon at Foundry Art Centre, 520 N Main Ctr., St. Charles. The Foundry’s Puppet Theatre will debut with a live show and the reading room will be open. Children 12 and under are welcome to create art projects, puppet-making and refreshments. For more information, call the Foundry Art Centre at 636-255-0270 or visit www.foundryartcentre.org.