16 Things to Do in St. Charles County This Weekend
As we head into the weekend, Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- St. Louis Golf Show: Friday-Sunday at the St. Charles Convention Center, 1 Convention Center Plz. Hours noon to 6 p.m. Friday; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $11. Guests ages 12 and younger are free.
- City Centre Dance: Friday at St. Peters City Hall, 1 St. Peters Centre Blvd., from 7-10 p.m. Seniors will enjoy a night of dancing to the tunes of big band and ‘40s through the ‘70s.
- WJAA Flag Football Sign Ups: Friday-Sunday at 1450 Highway Z, Wentzville. Wentzville Jr. Athletic Association (WJAA)
Flag Football registration is now open for both the Jr. Indians and Jr. Wolves teams. Cost: $85.00 per player. All Games are played on Turf Feilds
Visit the website to register.
- H.O.P.P. Night: Friday at Progress Park Center, 968 Meyer Rd., from 7-9 p.m. Teens are invited to dance and hang out with friends with supervision of parks and recreation. Email email@example.com or call 636-332-9236 for more information.
- Live music at Bottleneck Blues Bar: Friday at Ameristar Casino, 1 Ameristar Blvd., St. Charles at 7 p.m.
- Gun Shop Appreciation Day: Saturday at Extreme Gun Care, located at 975 W Terra Ln, O Fallon, at 9 a.m. The shop will offer free hot dogs and sodas.
- Pokémon Winter Regional Championships: Saturday at St. Charles Convention Center, 1 Convention Center Plz., at 8:30 a.m. At this free event participants will compete the title of Pokémon Winter Regional Champion and travel to the awards to the 2013 Pokémon U.S. Nationals Championships, in Indianapolis, Indiana in July. Visit www.pokemon.com/play to learn more about the tournament rules, regulations, and prizes as well as how to become involved in premier events throughout your region.
- Rec-Plex Fitness Fest: Saturday at St. Peters Rec-Plex, 5200 Mexico Rd. you're invited to try out the center for free from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Elephants Never Forget Trivia Night: The St. Charles County Young Republicans host a trivia on Saturday at Knights of Columbus, 5701 Highway N, Cottleville, from 7-10 p.m. Call (636) 395-0230 or email stcharlesyrs.gmail.com for more information.
- Fight Hard MMA: Saturday at St. Charles County Family Arena, 2002 Arena Pky., at 7 p.m. Event is free but parking is $10. The fight card includes St. Charles-native "The Altar Boy" Zach Freeman, who will face Robert "The Beast" Washington for the 155 pound championship.
- Ross Malone Book Signing: Sunday at Historic Heald Home, Fort Zumwalt Park, 1000 Jessup Dr., O'Fallon, from 1-4 p.m. Meet author, traveler, retired teacher and historian Ross Malone, who will autograph and sell editions of his latest book, Too Good to Pass By: A Look at Some Missouri Places. Call call 636-379-5606 to register.
- Missourians for Equality Kickoff Party: Sunday at Bike Stop Cafe, 701 S Riverside Dr., at 3 p.m. Email Brenda@MOforEquality.org for more information.
- Unity Church of Light Vision Workshop: _Sunday at Unity Church of Light, 2809 Yale Blvd., in St. Charles at 12:30 p.m. Cost is $15. During the seminar, guests will learn tips for tuning into their purpose and determining whether their dreams are right for them. It will also touch on simple thinking strategies that will help guard from fear, doubt and worry.
- Coffee Talk with Mayor Guccione: Sunday at Wentzville City Hall, 310 W Pearce Blvd., from 12:30-2 p.m. The Mayor welcomes all residents who would like to attend.