9 Things to Do in St. Charles County This Weekend
Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- Working Women's Survival Show: Friday-Sunday at St. Charles Convention Center, 1 Convention Center Plz., St. Charles. Called the "Ultimate Girl's Day Out", the event includes more than 370 exhibits featuring entertainment, pampering, contests, celebrities and more.Order tickets online here.
- Orchard Farm Student Art at Foundry Art Centre: Friday-Sunday at Foundry Art Centre, 520 N Main Ctr., St. Charles. Art from Orchard Farm School District students will be on display at the Foundry Art Centre from Feb. 20 to March 7 in the Baue Family Children's Gallery.
- How Old Is Your Heart: Friday-Saturday at 5:30 p.m. at 925 Highway K, O Fallon. Information will be shared and testing offered for cardiovascular
disease, high blood pressure and high cholesterol at The Fitness Fuzion in O’Fallon and Doran Fitness in Winghaven. Carol Williams, former executive producer for World News Tonight with Peter Jennings and NBC’s Tom Brokaw will present information on the “miracle molecule” that has been proven to save lives and won the Nobel Priize in Medicine. Testing is by appointment only and can be scheduled by calling 636-614-1443.
- Fort Zumwalt Youth Pop & African Art Exhibition: Saturday at noon at Lillian Yahn Gallery, 7443 Village Center Dr, O Fallon. View art from from 12 elementary schools in the Fort Zumwalt School District.
- Preserving Family Treasures: Saturday at 1 p.m. at Frenchtown Heritage Museum, 1121 N 2nd St., St. Charles. The initial meeting of the newly-created Frenchtown Craft Guild will meet for a presentation on preserving and storing family heirlooms, such as photographs, textiles, and documents.
- Murder Mystery Dinner Show: Saturday at 6:30 p.m. at Rendezvous Cafe & Wine Bar, 217 S Main St, O Fallon. Join Jest Mysteries for a fun mystery show entitled, "Muuuurder in Maaaaybuuuury". The show and a four course dinner for $40pp. RSVP is required: 636-281-2233.
- Kids Night Out: Saturday at 6:30 p.m. at YMCA of St. Charles County, 3900 Shady Springs Ln., St. Peters. Kids will enjoy games, movies, swimming and arts & crafts. (Ages 5-12 at the YMCA, Ages 6 weeks-6years at the ECEC). Parents can enjoy an evening out knowing their children are cared for in a nurturing, fun and supervised environment. Cost is $15.
- Engaged Wedding Show: Sunday at noon at Foundry Art Centre, 520 N Main Ctr., St. Charles. Perfect Wedding Guide and Streetscape Magazine are hosting "Engaged" at the Foundry Art Centre from noon to 4 p.m. Feb. 24. Event includes a fashion show featuring bridal fashion, invitations, honeymoons. First 100 in the door receive a bridal swag bag. Admission is $5.
- Opening of The Life and Work of Rudolph Goebel Exhibit: Sunday at 2 p.m. at Saint Charles County Historical Society, 101 S Main St., St. Charles. View more than 50 years of photographs of St. Charles, from 1857-1909.