Celebrate Halloween with Fall Events in St. Charles County
Check out this round up of Halloween events for families in October 2012 on "St. Charles Patch."
Did we miss an event? Click here to add it to the event calendar.
Halloween Events Oct. 1-14
- Bootique Exchange: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 13, Little Town Learning Center, 3320 Rue Royale, St. Charles. Donate a costume before Oct. 11 and exchange for a free costume on Oct. 12. Regular adult costumes are $10, children's costumes are $5.
- Dogtoberfest: 12 to 3 p.m. Oct. 13 in DuSable Dog Park in St. Charles. Come out for a pet parade, costume contest, bone hunt and more.
- Tour De Halloween: 9 a.m. Oct. 13 at the Weldon Spring Trailhead on the Katy Trail. Don a costume, bring your bike and ride to Defiance. Trick or treat at businesses and wineries. Ride on to Augusta for activities at Augusta Brewing Company.
- The Great Pumpkin Festival: 3 to 7 p.m. Oct. 14 at Morning Star Church in O'Fallon. Event includes hayrides, pumpkin decorating, chili cook off and bonfire. Event is free.
Halloween Events Oct. 15-21
- Haunted Park Hunt: 7 to 10 p.m. Oct. 19 at Dames Park in O'Fallon. Open to adults over age 21. Cost is $18. Register by Oct. 12 by calling 636-474-8121.
- St. Peters Halloween Carnival: 4-6 p.m. Oct. 20, St. Peters Rec-Plex South. Dinner, games, crafts and more are planned. Register online to pay $5 a person or $7 at the door.
- Spirits from the Past: 6 p.m. Oct. 20, Historic Daniel Boone Home. Travel to the early 1800s and experience how superstition led to strange rituals and beliefs. A glow of lanterns light the way for guests who tour the home and village. Recommended for children ages 7 and older. Cost is $10 adults and $6 for children. Learn more here.
- Pumpkin Carving Exhibit: 1-4 p.m. Oct. 21, at the Historic Heald Home in Fort Zumwalt Park. Watch artist Marion Nichols create one of her masterpieces and see intricately carved pumpkins on display. Cost is $2.
Halloween Events Oct. 22-31
- Fort Zumwalt Safe Halloween: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 25 at each Fort Zumwalt High School. Preschool and elementary school students are invited for games, booths, mascots, and treats free of charge. Head here for more info.
- New Town Halloween Spooktacular: 2-4 p.m. Oct. 27, New Town Amphitheater, St. Charles.
- Cottleville Family Fall Festival: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Oct. 27, Cottleville Legacy Park. Event includes a haunted hayride, bands, bounce houses, a petting zoo, games and more.
- Monsters on the Meadow: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Head to The Meadows in Lake Saint Louis for music, hayrides, a fire truck, pumpkin painting and trick-or-treating. Events are free.
- St. Charles Halloween Spooktacular: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 28, Memorial Hall at Blanchette Park.
- Halloween Happenings: 2-4 p.m. Oct. 28, Progress Park in Wentzville. Children ages 1-10 in costume can play games, jump in bounce houses and more. Cost is $2 in advance or $4 at the door. Register in advance by Oct. 21. Call 636-332-9236 to register.
- Halloween Concert: 7 p.m. Oct. 30, St. Peters Cultural Arts Centre. St. Charles Symphony presents a Halloween concert. Kids are encouraged to come in costume. Free.
- Trick or Treat on Main Street: 3-5 p.m. Oct. 31, Main Street St. Charles. Costumed children ages 12 and younger can trick or treat at businesses on Main Street.