Missouri Valley Conference Women's Basketball Tournament Comes to Family Arena
Teams will play nine games in four days at the Family Arena in St. Charles.
The Missouri Valley Conference will hold the women’s basketball tournament this week at the Family Arena.
The seedings for the tournament are as follows:
- Wichita State Shockers 15-3 in the conference and 21-9 overall
- Creighton Jays 15-3, 23-6 (Defending Champions)
- Illinois State Redbirds 13-5, 21-9
- Northern Iowa Panthers 10-8, 15-15
- Indiana State Sycamores 10-8, 18-11
- Bradley Braves 8-10, 14-15
- Evansville Purple Aces 7-11, 9-20
- Missouri State Bears 6-12, 14-16
- Drake Bulldogs 5-13, 10-19
- Southern Illinois Salukis 1-17, 4-25
The first game Thursday will put Missouri State playing against Drake at 4:05 p.m., followed by Evansville and Southern Illinois.
Four games are scheduled for Friday. The opening game has the Missouri State/Drake winner taking on Wichita State at 12:05 p.m. That game will be followed by Northern Iowa against Indiana State. Creighton plays the Evansville/Southern Illinois winner, and the last game Friday has Illinois State taking on Bradley.
The semi-final games will be held Saturday beginning at 1:35 p.m. and the champion will be crowned Sunday afternoon in the title game scheduled for 2:05 p.m.
The semi-final and championship games can be heard on the Westplex Sports Network: www.westplexsports.net.