All tied up at 1-1, the St. Louis Cardinals take on the Philadelphia Phillies in Game 3 of the National League Divisional Series at 4 p.m. local time.
Tickets for Game 3 are sold out, so for many the TV is the only way to watch the Cards. Many fans will be presumably ducking out of work early so as to not miss the first pitch. Just watching the game, however, is only part of the equation. It doesn't always matter when, but also where.
Watching sports is often a communal experience. If you can't make it down to Busch Stadium, the next big thing is to find some people and watch the game together. High-fives are awesome, but you can't do them alone.
So here is an incomplete list on one man's choices for five places to watch the playoffs—tonight and beyond.
- Buffalo Wild Wings has plenty of TVs both large and larger. If you like wings, and really who doesn't, the food is good. It's a sports bar, so you can feel free to stay a while and watch the action.
- A personal favorite of mine because of the location, the bar has really great food at good prices. The TVs are nice and clear and there are enough so you won't miss a pitch.
- You got your pretty standard stuff here: food, drinks and sports. Really that's a combination that's hard to mess up.
- If it's good enough for David Backes, it's good enough for me. The bar is also having specials throughout the playoffs, so you could get a good deal.
5. Your own place
- Sometimes the perfect setup is the one you already have. If you have a nice HDTV, you can order some pizza, invite some friends over and watch the game without putting on shoes. You can't really top that.