See a St. Patrick's Day Parade, Hear Irish Music This Weekend
Each week, St. Peters Patch features a planner with weekend events in and around St. Charles County.
As we head into the weekend, Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- When/Where? Friday, March 16 at 10 a.m. at the Lake Saint Louis Community Association, 100 Cognac Court in Lake Saint Louis.
- What? Moms get together for a playgroup to socialize and help their children learn in a fun environment. To join, contact Andrea Crislip at 314-479-0306 or email@example.com. To find out the weekly Playgroup theme, visit the website.
- When/Where? Friday, March 16 at 7:30 p.m. at Ameristar Casino, 1 Ameristar Blvd. in St. Charles.
- What? Get out your leg warmers and enjoy the music of Rick Springfield, Tommy Tutone and all your old favorites with That 80s Band this Friday. Cover is $5.
- When/Where? March 16-18 at St. Charles Community College, 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Dr. in Cottleville.
- What? The Young People’s Theatre of St. Charles Community College perform present “Oliver!” in the Donald D. Shook Fine Arts Building theater on the SCC campus. The show will be performed at 7 p.m. Friday-Saturday, March 16-17, and at 2 p.m. Saturday-Sunday, March 17-18. Tickets are $9 for all ages. The campus is located at 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Drive in Cottleville.
- When/Where? Friday, March 16 at Progress Park, 968 Meyer Rd. in Wentzville.
- What? Hangin' Out at Progress Park (HOPP) is way for kids to spend some time with their friends, dance and listen to music. The event is supervised by Wentzville's recreation staff, volunteers and police officers. Register at the front door and bring money for snacks Everyone is required to stay the entire time unless signed out by an adult. Cost is $3.
- When/Where? Friday, March 16 at 8 p.m. at 1701 N 2nd St, St. Charles.
- What? Set dancing is a form of social dancing which has been popular in Ireland for over 150 years. Sets are danced by four couples in a square. All dances will be taught and beginners are welcome. The event is free.
- When/Where? Saturday, March 17 beginning at 8:45 a.m. on Weiss Road.
- What? Deck your self out in Irish green and enter a run or watch a parade in Cottleville for St. Patrick's Day. The run begins at Hwy N from Weiss Road to Motherhead Road from 8:45- 9:15 a.m. The parade begins at Weiss Road from Cottleville Parkway to Hwy N from around 11:45 a.m. - 1 p.m. Contact Cottleville City Hall at 636-498-6565 for more information or to reserve an on parking lot spot.
- When/Where? Saturday, March 17 at 7 a.m. at Willott Road Community Church and Christian Academy, 1610 Willott Rd. in St. Peters.
- What? Find bargains on clothes, jewelry, toys, books and more.
- When/Where? Sunday, March 18 at 2 p.m. at Picasso's Coffee House, 101 N Main St. St. Charles.
- What? In the spirit of St. Patrick's Day, hear a traditional Irish music session at Picasso's Coffeehouse from 2-5 p.m.