Sports Report: Early-Season Spring Games Looming Large
Spring is here, it's time play some sports outside.
Just because the high school sports spring season is young, doesn't mean the games matter any less.
As the weather outside heats up, so do the matchups across St. Peters. The offseason rust is finally off and now it's time for the best to rise to the occasion.
Let's see what games are on the schedule around St. Peters.
- Who: (Girls Soccer) Zumwalt East at Parkway Showcase vs. Kickapoo
- When/Where: 5:45 p.m. on April 6, at Soccer Park
- Why the big deal?: The Fort Zumwalt girls will be busy this week. The Lions will play five games in six days with Wednesday providing the only relief. On Friday, the girls soccer team with head to the Soccer Park for the Parkway Showcase. On day one, the Lions will face Kickapoo.
- Who: (Boys tennis) Zumwalt South vs. St. Charles West
- When/Where: 3:30 p.m. on April 2, at home.
- Why the big deal?: The Bulldogs' tennis team figures to busy this week with three matches in four days. First up for Zumwalt South? A home dual against St. Charles West.
- Who: (Baseball) Lutheran at Fort Zumwalt East
- When/Where: 4:15 p.m. on Monday, April 2, at Zumwalt East
- Why the big deal?: The Lutheran baseball team will be making easily the shortest road trip of the season on Monday. The Cougars will travel just a few yards to take on Fort Zumwalt East in a matchup of two St. Peters teams.
Francis Howell Central
- Who: (Boys volleyball) Francis Howell Central vs. Zumwalt South
- When/Where: 4 p.m. on April 6, at home.
- Why the big deal?: Friday afternoon the Francis Howell Central boys volleyball team gets to play host to a big regional matchup. Fellow St. Peters team Fort Zumwalt South will hit the road and come into the Spartans home gym for a GAC matchup.