St. Charles County Man Indicted on 11 Sex Crime Charges
The charges include four incidents dating back to June 2011, police said.
A St. Charles County man was indicted by a St. Charles County grand jury Friday on 11 counts of sex crimes, including forcible rape and child molestation.
Jason W. Champion, 22, of the first block of Churchill Downs Drive in unincorporated St. Charles County near St. Peters, faces the following charges:
- Two counts of forcible rape, sexual intercourse by force
- Two counts of sexual assault
- Two counts of second-degree statutory rape
- Two counts of second-degree statutory sodomy
- Two counts of second-degree child molestation
- Forcible sodomy
- Second-degree statutory sodomy
The charges stem from incidents on four dates: June 4, 2011; June 24, 2011; May 21 and June 17.
Champion is being held in St. Charles County Corrections in lieu of a $100,000, cash-only bond. His request for a bond reduction was denied July 25.
For more crime information on St. Peters Patch, see the following articles:
- St. Peters Man Charged with Rape, Sodomy
- Tee Kay Babysitters Charged with Molesting Children
- Update: 10 Additional Customers Allege Sexual Assault at Cosmetic Laser Center