10 Things to Do in St. Charles County This Weekend
Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County the weekend of Sept. 21-23.
As we head into the weekend, Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- When/Where? Fri, Sept. 21, 7–8 p.m.Veterans Memorial Walk, 800 Veterans Memorial Parkway, O'Fallon.
- What? This annual event is held in honor of the men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces who remain missing in action or held as prisoners of war. The keynote speaker for the ceremony will be Col. Jack Jackson, U.S. Marine Corps, retired. The event includes the posting of colors, lighting of candles, laying of the wreath, a rifle salute, taps, and music by the O’Fallon Community Concert Band with vocalist Kathy Lawton-Brown.
- When/Where? Friday, Sept. 21 at 5:30 p.m. at 1050 S Riverside Dr, St. Charles.
- What? This is the first year for an event in St. Charles honoring military men and women who remain missing. Patriot motorcycle riders from various organizations will enter the memorial site from Bishop's Landing, just prior to the program. St. Charles City Veterans Commission member Don Lauer will emcee the event and Mayor Sally Faith will open the program featuring the keynote address by former POW Richard Middendorf, American Legion Post 312. Milt Herrick, Korean War Veterans Association, Chapter 1, will ceremonially dress the traditional POW/MIA Table.
- When/Where? Friday, Sept. 21 at 11 a.m., 18 Research Park Circle, St. Charles.
- What? Places for People will host its 10th Annual Charity Golf Tournament at Missouri Bluffs Golf Club in St. Charles. Each year, this tournament raises around $60,000 to support core mental health services for those in need.
- When/Where? Friday, Sept. 21 at 7 p.m. at I Am What I Am, 107 N Main St. Charles.
- What? Design a wine glass with friends and bring your favorite bottle of wine and snacks. Cost is $18. Must RSVP at email@example.com or 314-348-0778.
- When/Where? Saturday, Sept. 22 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at 5382 Gutermuth Rd, Cottleville.
- What The St. Louis and St. Charles Chapters of Childbloom will perform at Rick's Roadside Market. Kids ages 5-12 will perform using this classical approach to teaching guitar while incorporating family in a group learning environment. Angela Sage Larsen, Amazon best selling author, will sign books from 1-2:30pm. Kids activities will include art workshops, games and crafts.
- When/Where? Saturday, Sept. 22 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. at J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts, 2300 W Clay St. Charles.
- What? This is a contemporary retelling of the fall of man, written by Neil LaBute. Adam is seduced by art student Evelyn in this University production in the Emerson Black Box Theater.
- When/Where? Sunday, Sept. 23 at 11:30 a.m. at 1 Saint Peters Centre Blvd. St. Peters.
- What? Bring some snack and several rolls of quarters and enjoy an afternoon or winning quality items and supporting charities. To make your free reservations call: Melanie Stahlheber at 314-441-3135 or Teresa West at 314-607-6643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- When/Where? Saturday, Sept. 22 at 7:30 a.m. at 804 Oak Moss Dr., Wentzville.
- What? This garage sale benefits Heartland Humane Society of Missouri, a no-kill, non-profit 501(c)3 rescue group that saves stray, abused and unwanted pets and provides them with a chance at finding permanent, loving homes.
- When/Where? Saturday, Sept. 22 at 8 a.m. at Quail Ridge Park, 5275 Quail Ridge Pkwy, Wentzville.
- What? Join Harvester Christian Church at they collect cans and funds to stock the shelves of our St. Charles County Food Pantries with this 5K run or Fun Run on Saturday September 22 at 8 a.m in Quail Ridge Park
- When/Where? Sunday, Sept. 23 at 6:30 p.m. at YMCA of St. Charles County, 3900 Shady Springs Ln,
- What? Kids will enjoy games, movies, swimming and arts & crafts. (Ages 5-12 at the YMCA, Ages 6 weeks-6years at the ECEC). Parents can enjoy an evening out knowing their children are cared for in a nurturing, fun and supervised environment.