This Weekend: Browse Car Shows, Shop for a Cause
Each week, St. Peters Patch features a planner with weekend events in and around St. Charles County.
As we head into the weekend, Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- When/Where? Friday, June 8 at 6:30 p.m. till Saturday, June 9 at 6:30 a.m. at St. Charles High School, 725 N Kingshighway, St. Charles.
- What? The American Cancer Society's Relay For Life of St. Charles is an overnight event to raise money for cancer research. The unique event will be held on June 8-9 at St.Charles High School. Opening ceremonies will take place at 7 p.m. Friday. If you are interested in forming a team, being on the committee or to learn more about the event, check out www.relayforlife.org/stcharlesmo. This event is open to the public, and the cost is $10 per person.
- When/Where? Friday, June 8 at 7 p.m. at Rotary Park, 2577 W. Meyer Road, Foristell.
- What? Start celebrating another wonderful Wentzville summer with a free concert at Rotary Park from 7-10 p.m. Enjoy the large wooded, outdoor amphitheater and listen to Farrell Webber. Concessions and beer are also available at very reasonable prices. Don't forget to bring your lawn chair or blanket.
- When/Where? Friday-Sunday at the St. Peters Cultural Arts Centre, 1 Saint Peters Centre Blvd.
- What? The Oak Leaf Artist Guild will hold its 2012 summer show, “To Each His Own” from June 8 – August 13 at the St. Peters Cultural Arts Centre. Artwork will be the artist’s choice of subject matter and judged in 4 categories: Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor and Miscellaneous. Reception and awards presentation will be held on Friday, June 8, from 6-8 p.m. Light refreshments will be served. In addition, a “People’s Choice” will be voted on during the reception.
- When/Where? Saturday, June 9 from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. at The Meadows, 20 Meadows Circle Drive, Lake St. Louis.
- What? Operation Food Search will host their third annual Empty Bowls ceramic bowl sale on Saturday at The Meadows. One-of-a-kind ceramic bowls created by local artists, teachers and students will be on sale at the fund-raiser with 100 percent of the proceeds benefitting OFS’s O’Fallon food distribution center. The event is free to attend and will be held in the new Lake St. Louis Farmers & Artists Market from 8 a.m.-noon and in the Clock Tower Plaza from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- When/Where? Saturday, June 9 from 8:30 a.m.-noon at Jim Trenary Chevrolet, 501 Auto Mall Drive, O’Fallon.
- What? This free event will feature hundreds of corvettes for car lovers to peruse, from the old classics to the 2012 models. There will also be food sales, and proceeds benefit the USO. Bring out the whole family for this car show.
- When/Where? Saturday, June 9 from 9:30-10:30 a.m. at Legacy Park, 5490 5th St, Cottleville.
- What? Narrow Gate Wellness invites you to "Park it for a Cause" where you will practice Holy Yoga at Legacy Park. Bring your own Yoga mat and water for this free event. No registration is required, and all fitness and Yoga levels are welcome. 100% of donations will go to benefit The Center For Autism Education.
- When/Where? Saturday, June 9 from 4-10 p.m. at JJ’s Restaurant, 1215 S Duchesne Dr, St. Charles.
- What? Car cruise season is back. Join JJ’s for classic cars, good food, and cold beer from 4-10 p.m. Saturday. Don't forget to bring the kids, as it’s a family event for everyone.
- When/Where? Sunday, June 10 from 8 a.m.-noon at Fort Zumwalt Park, 1006 Jessup Ln, O’Fallon.
- What? Break out the fishing poles and get realin’ for the annual O’Fallon Family Fishing Day this Sunday at Fort Zumwalt Park’s Lake Whetsel. Bring your own gear and bait for this free event for kids 5-12 years old and their families. Enjoy catch-and-release-fishing, plenty of games, and even a raffle with over $250 worth of prizes to be given away.
- When/Where? Sunday, June 10 from 1-4 p.m. at the Heald Home in Fort Zumwalt Park, 1006 Jessup Ln, O’Fallon.
- What? Chat with veterans as you peruse military and war memorabilia on display throughout the home from 1-4 p.m. Several exhibits will be featured, including an “Our Angels” salute to women in the military. A Pearl Harbor photo book, medals, uniforms, and a Vietnam Veterans Association Chapter 458 display are also among some of the unique exhibits to be featured. Admission is $2 per person at the door, which includes a house tour.
- When/Where? Sunday, June 10 at 7:30 p.m. at Frontier Park, 500 S Riverside Drive, St. Charles.
- What? Bring your lawn chairs for this free jazz concert put on by the St. Charles Community Big (Jazz) Band. Since the concert is located in Frontier Park by the Missouri River, enjoy sitting underneath the stars while taking in some tunes on this Sunday night.