This Weekend: Get Out and See Swimming, Irish Music and Agile Dogs
Each week, St. Peters Patch features a planner with weekend events in and around St. Charles County.
As we head into the weekend, Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- When/Where? Throughout the day at Fort Zumwalt Park in O'Fallon on Friday, Feb. 17 through Monday, Feb. 20.
- What? The free event includes activities and exhibits for beginning and experienced birders. Reservations are needed to particpate in the Bird Identification Program. To register, just call 636-379-5502, or email@example.com. Parking is free.
- When/Where? Friday-Sunday at St. Peters City Hall, 1 Saint Peters Centre Blvd. in St. Peters.
- What? ACT II opens its 19th season with Robert Harling's classic story "Steel Magnolias." The play focuses on the camaraderie of six Louisiana women. Show begins at 8 p.m. on Friday-Saturday and 2 p.m. on Sunday. Ticket prices are $15 regular $12 senior/student. For tickets call 636-336-0033 or visit the website.
- When/Where? Friday, Feb. 17 at 7:30 p.m. at the J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts, 2300 W Clay St. in St. Charles.
- What? Lindenwood University Undergraduate Dance Students present a dance concert featuring their own choreography, costumes and set designs at the Emerson Black Box Theater. This event is free.
- When/Where? Friday-Saturday at St. Peters Rec-Plex, 5200 Mexico Rd. in St. Peters.
- What? The 2012 Missouri State Swimming and Diving Championships are coming to St. Peters, with three separate sessions. Click here for more information.
- When/Where? Saturday, Feb. 18 at 7 p.m. at O'Fallon City Hall, 100 N Main St.
- What? Get out your formal wear for the O’Fallon Chamber of Commerce's 16th Annual Art, Wine & Brew Gala this weekend. Enjoy food, beer and wine samplings from local restaurants, while browsing pieces by local artists. After 9 p.m., dance to themusic of My Friend Mike. General Admission is $40. Tickets must be purchased in advance at the Chamber office. For more information, call the Chamber at 636-240-1818 or visit the website.
- When/Where? Saturday, Feb. 18 all day at the National Equestrian Center, 6880 Lake Saint Louis Boulevard.
- What? If you're a dog lover, get out this weekend for Tri-County Dog Agility Club's three-day agility trials at the National Equestrian Center in Lake Saint Louis. See handlers direct dogs through an obstacle course, by using voice, movement and body signals.
- When/Where? Saturday, Feb. 18 at 1 p.m. on 307 S Main St. in St.Charles.
- What? Meet Bob McCarty, author of Three Days In August: A U.S. Army Special Forces Soldier's Fight For Military Justice. He will sign copies of his book from 1-3 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 18, at Main Street Books in historic St. Charles.
- When/Where? Saturday, Feb. 18 at 8 p.m. at St Charles Presbyterian Church, 131 Gamble St. in St. Charles.
- What? Hear jazz and gospel tunes for a good cause this weekend. Jazz trio 3 Central and gospel singer Erica Reed will perform along with comedians Brother Dré and Davey Dave, to raise money to help a St. Charles organization provide shelter for homeless men during the winter. Admission is $15. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
- When/Where? Sunday, Feb. 19 from 1-5 p.m. at Wentzville Christian Church, 1507 Highway Z in Wentzville.
- What? Audition for a community production of "South Pacific" on Sunday, Feb. 19 and Monday, Feb. 20 from 6-9 p.m. Actor's should be high school age and older and be prepared to sing. Production dates are May 4-5. For more information, call Tammy at 636-219-3238.
- When/Where? Sunday, Feb. 19 at 2 p.m. at Picasso's Coffee House, 101 N Main St. in St. Charles.
- What? Hear local musicians play traditional Irish music every third Sunday of the month from 2-5 p.m. All musicians familiar with Irish music are welcome to come and play and veryone is welcome to come and listen.