This Weekend: Trivia, 'Becky's New Car', and a Garden Tour
Each week, St. Peters Patch features a planner with weekend events in and around St. Charles County.
As we head into the weekend, Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- When/Where? Friday, April 20 at 7 p.m. at 5701 Highway N, St. Peters.
- What? Sign up for a music trivia night to support the National Kidney Foundation 2012 Kidney Walk. Tables of eight are $160. Participants are welcome to dress like their favorite music genre or group and will enjoy attendance prizes, mulligans and a 50/50 drawing. Beer, soda and water are provided with a cash bar available. Contact Cassie Trent at 636- 720-0311 for more information.
- When/Where? Friday-Saturday at O'Fallon City Hall, 100 North Main St., O'Fallon.
- What? This one-act play follows the adventures of 11-year-old orphan Annie. Performances are at 8 p.m. April 20-21. There is a matinee at 2 p.m. on April 22. Cost is $10 (ages 18-54), $8 (ages 6-17) and free for children under five and seniors.
- When/Where? Friday-Sunday at St. Charles Community College, 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Dr., Cottleville.
- What? Follow the story of Becky Foster as she navigates through a mid-life crisis. The show is at 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, April 20-21, and at 2 p.m. Sunday, April 21. Tickets are $5-$8.
- When/Where? Friday, April 20 at 7 p.m. at the _Foundry Art Centre, 520 N Main Ctr, St. Charles.
- What? The first Trivia Night and Silent Auction,will benefit The Foundry Arts Center, with proceeds supporting events and programs provided throughout the year. Registration is open to the first 35 tables and is $160 for tables of eight people. Participants can enjoy raffles, games and prizes and complimentary beer, soda and snacks. To register a table, visit call 636-255-0270.
- When/Where? Saturday, April 21 at 9 a.m. at Cornerstone United Methodist Church, 1151 Tom Ginnever Ave, O Fallon, MO.
- What? Items on display include jewelry, purses, scarves, wall hangings, baskets and more. Proceeds help provide for artisans around the world. Lunch is served from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Cost is $6 a person. Call 636-379-5334 for more information.
- When/Where? Saturday, April 21 at 9 a.m. at the University of Missouri Extension Office, 260 Brown Rd. in St. Peters.
- What? St. Charles County Master Gardeners hosts this event that features vegetables, Missouri natives, annuals, herbs, perennials, seeds and more. Participants can also tour on-site gardens and ask questions to master gardners. Proceeds fund the Pantry Garden, which provides fresh fruits and vegetables to a local food pantries.
- When/Where? Saturday, April 21 at 6:30 p.m. at 3456 Harry S Truman Blvd, St. Charles.
- What? Kids ages six weeks to six years are welcome to enjoy movies, games and other fun activities at the St. Charles County Family YMCA Early Childhood Education Center. Contact Julie at 636-949-7929 for more information or to register.
- When/Where? Saturday, April 21 at 8:30 a.m. at 2165 Highway V, St. Charles.
- What? The Orchard Farm R-V School District Employee Wellness Committee hosts the second annual 5K Run and 1 Mile Walk. Proceeds are donated to the American Cancer Society through United Way. The walk 5K begins at 8:30 a.m. followed by a 1 mile fun walk at 9:30 a.m. Registration forms can be found on the district's _website_. Cost is $15 for freshman through adults. Students in eighth grade and below are $10.
- When/Where? Saturday, April 21 at 11 a.m. at Hawk Ridge Park, 8392 Orf Rd, Lake Saint Louis.
- When? Celebrate the fifth anniversary of the all-inclusive Zachary's Playground with games, balloons, crafts and cake.
- When/Where? Saturday, April 21 at 1615 Schwede Rd, Wentzville, MO.
- What? The St. Charles County Hiking Series takes a three mile hike through the 494-acre park. Hikers carpooling to the event should meet at Backwoods St. Louis, 9 Fountain Grass Dr., in Lake St. Louis, by 9 a.m. Hikes are scheduled to begin by 9:45 a.m. Signs will be posted in the park directing hikers where to gather for hike.
- When/Where? Sunday, April 22 at 6:30 p.m. at Civic Park, 308 Civic Park Dr, O Fallon.
- What? Pets and families are welcome to this event raising awareness for neglected animals. Bring: glow sticks, a dog bowl, water and a plastic bag to pick up after your pets. For more information, contact Grazia Mercado Vinluan at 314-578-1126 or email@example.com.
- When/Where? Sunday, April 22 at 6:30 p.m. at Morning Star Church, 1600 Feise Rd, Dardenne Prairie.
- What? National singer and songwriter Mark Roach, national performs an EP release concert in the auditorium at the church where he's served as worship leader for12 years. Admission is $7 per person. Cost includes a free Beautiful Truth CD. For tickets or more information, call 636-561-5680.