The police check neighborhoods for code violations periodically, according to a press release from the city.
“This is a soft approach to code enforcement with the idea that most residents will correct a code violation if they know the law,” said Maj. Jeff Finkelstein in a press release. “We don’t want to use the courts to correct the problem if we don’t have to.”
Tips to avoid an ordinance violation:
- Don't park on your lawn.
- Don't leave abandoned vehicles on your property
- Don't block a sidewalk with your vehicle.
- Don't park your business vehicle in the street.
- Don't store more than one piece of recreational equipment at your home, like an RV, camper, boat or trailer.
- Don't store an RV that's bigger than 22 feet long by 8 feet wide at your house.
- Make sure your RV is behind all front building lines of your house. When you load or unload it, make sure it's only in front of your house for 2 hours maximum and no more than 10 days a year for seasonal preparation.