As we head into the weekend, Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- SCC’S Young People’s Theater 5K Fun Run: Saturday, Nov. 3 at 9 a.m. at St. Charles Community College, 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Dr., Cottleville. Young People’s Theater at St. Charles Community College will
host its first-ever Theater 5K Fun Run. The fun run will feature musical performances by YPT including the sights and sounds of famous Broadway musicals performed live during the run. For more information about the fun run, call 636-922-8233. For more information about YPT, visit www.stchas.edu/ypt.
- Over the Top for Tots luncheon: Friday, Nov. 2 at 10:30 a.m. at The Columns Banquet Center, 711 Veterans Memorial Pky., St. Charles. Cost is $50. The 7th Annual Over the Top for Tots ladies’ luncheon is hosted by KMOV's Jasmine Huda and benefits Crisis Nursery St. Charles’ “Healing Hearts Program,” which provides art and play therapy for children who need help mending their broken spirits. The event includes lunch, designer cakes, a shopping boutique, table-top creations, a live auction and holiday raffle.
- O'Fallon Chamber of Commerce Trivia Night of the Living Dead: Friday, Nov. 2 at 7 p.m. at O'Fallon City Hall. End the Halloween week with the O'Fallon Chamber of Commerce's 3rd Annual "Trivia Night of the Living Dead." The evening will consist of questions from a variety of categories, not just zombie trivia. Cost $160 for a table of eight people includes; 10 rounds of trivia, door prizes, a mulligan, beer and soda. You may also bring in your favorite snacks and drinks. The evening will be packed with cash prizes, 50/50, special games and drawings, a prize for the best decorated table and best costume plus a silent auction will all be part of the fun. This event will sell out, get your tickets by clicking here.
- FAM JAM: Free Family Night Out: Friday, Nov. 2 at 6 p.m. at Morning Star Church, 1600 Feise Rd., Dardenne Prairie. Parents and kids come together for an evening of free entertainment including a live production packed with high-energy music, drama, media comedy and a look at the Bible.
- St. Peters Figure Skating Hosts 3rd Annual Trivia Night: Friday, Nov. 2 at 6:30 p.m. at Knights of Columbus-Cottleville, 5701 Highway N. Cost is $20. Ticket price includes 10 rounds of trivia, beer and soda. A cash bar is available and snacks are welcome. There will also be a silent auction, 50/50 drawing and more. A prize will be awarded for the best decorated/themed table (Decorate your table in your Olympic Sport or show your pride and represent your favorite country!) Contact Wendy at 314-495-2893 for more.
- Sweeney Todd The Demon Barber of Fleet Street: Friday, Nov. 2-3 at 8 p.m. and Nov. 4 at 2 p.m. at St. Peters Cultural Arts Centre, 1 Saint Peters Centre Blvd, St. Peters. Act Two Theatre presents this musical thriller set in London, telling the story of Benjamin Barker. Visit www.acttwotheatre.com for ticket information and seating chart. Tickets are $16 for Seniors and Students and $20 for Adults. Special pricing for groups of 12 or more!
- Fall Craft and Vendor Fair: Saturday, Nov. 3 at 9 a.m. Willott Road Community Church and Christian Academy, 1610 Willott Rd, St. Peters. Browse artwork, crafts or other unique products to kick-off your holiday shopping.
- Austin's Angels Trivia Night: Saturday, Nov. 3 at 6 p.m. at Mark's Sports Bar and Grill4270 N Service Rd., St. Peters. Cost is $10 per person to participate in trivia. The event also features a live DJ, a $5 buffet and a cash bar. Attendees can also enter a 50/50 drawing. All proceeds of will support St. Charles County children dealing with cancer. For more information, call Mark's Sports Bar and Grill 636-928-0009, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prime Rib Dinner at Hope: Saturday, Nov. 3 at 5:30 p.m. at Hope Lutheran Church, 1975 S Old Highway 94, St. Charles. Cost $25/adult, $8 if under 12 years of age. Cocktails and appetizers start at 5:30 p.m. followed by dinner at 7 p.m. and entertainment from 8-9 p.m. Proceeds from this event benefit the Kids Against Hunger program at Hope Lutheran Church. This program packages food which is distributed from the House of Hope Orphanage (www.ahbz.org) in Port au Prince, Haiti.
- Morning Star Church Hosts Furnishing Hope: Saturday, Nov. 3 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 1600 Feise Rd., Dardenne Prairie. Morning Star's Furnishing Hope Ministry is hosting a community wide collection day for area residents to donate their gently used furniture. The goal of Furnishing Hope is to collect 150 pieces of furniture to provide to those in need located in the Joplin, Missouri region.
- Meat Shoot: Sunday, Nov. 4 at 11 a.m. 66 Vfw Ln., St. Charles. The VFW hosts a meat shoot starting this weekend, until Sunday, Dec 23.
- St. Charles Elks Lodge 690 Third Annual Quarter Auction: Sunday, Nov. 4 at 2 p.m. at 560 Saint Peters Howell Rd., St. Charles. Get into the holiday shopping spirit and bring your quarters to enjoy an afternoon of fun and shopping! Contact Sherry Regot at 636-798-2148 or Connie Kreienheder at 314-660-3614.
- Traveling Civil War Exhibit Opening: Sunday, Nov. 4 at 3 p.m. at Lindenwood University, 209 S Kingshighway St., St. Charles. Lindenwood University’s Spellmann Center will house an exhibit by the Missouri State Archives commemorating the 150th anniversary of the Civil War. The kick-off event is free and open to the public.The exhibit will be on display through the end of the fall semester in mid-December. For more information, contact Lindenwood Archivist Paul Huffman at 636-949-4823.