As we head into the weekend, St. Peters Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- When/Where? Saturday, June 23 at 6:30 p.m. at , 3900 Shady Springs Ln., St. Peters.
- What? Kids can enjoy games, movies, swimming and arts and crafts. Cost is $15.
- When/Where? June 21-23, 29-July 1 in .
- What? Riverside Shakespeare Theatre Company will perform this light-hearted comedy. The show is free and begins at 8 p.m. with an opening act at 7:30 p.m.
- When/Where? Saturday, June 23 at 6 p.m. at , Veterans Memorial Pkwy and Fort Zumwalt Sq, O Fallon.
- What? Go on a family camping trip, without traveling far from home this weekend. The camp out begins at 6 p.m. on Saturday, June 23 and ends at 10 a.m. on Sunday, June 24. Cost is $35 per resident family for up to five people and $40 for a non-resident family. Additional family members can join in at $5 each. For more information, click _here_.
- When/Where? Saturday, June 23 at 2 p.m. , 900 T R Hughes Blvd, O Fallon.
- What? O’Fallon is one of 13 cities scheduled to host a viewing of the National Fire Dog Monument (NFDM) as it journeys from Denver to Washington D.C. The bronze sculpture of a firefighter and his dog, will be featured from 2 – 3 p.m. at on Saturday. The monument is co-sponsored by State Farm Insurance and by the American Humane Association. State Farm provides funding to assist with the acquisition and training of arson dogs and handlers in the U.S. and Canada.
- When/Where? Saturday, June 23 at noon at 200 S Main St, Saint Charles.
- What? Children are invited to transport back to the 1820s camping like the frontier families. Period dressed guides will walk participatants through the skills, games and crafts that would have been found at a camp on the Missouri Frontier. The event is free.
Living History at Town Park
- When/Where? Saturday, June 23 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Towne Park in Wentzville.
- What? Actors from the Living History Company will demonstrate a ladies sewing circle and rope making at the reconstructed Boyd Mansion.
- When/Where? Sunday, June 24 at 7:30 p.m. at _, 2002 Arena Pky, St. Charles.
- What? Musical legend Merle Haggard plays at the Family Arena in St. Charles. Cost is $41. Call 636-896-4200 for more information.