St. Louis, MO – Winter storm warnings are clouding the horizon.
Batteries Plus in St. Louis offers several tips to help consumers make the best purchasing decisions to be prepared for the
ravages of the winter.
BatteriesPlus recommends consumers have the following batteries and other
battery-related items on hand in the event of a power outage or natural
- Two flashlights that run on AA or AAA alkaline batteries or a supply of alkaline batteries(alkaline batteries typically have a shelf of life of 8-10 years, so it’s good to have plenty on hand).
- Lantern-style flashlight or a larger flashlight using two or three D-size batteries to give off more light for a longer period of time.
- Manual or battery powered can opener.
- Watch with working battery.
- Battery-powered weather radio and/or transistor radio.
- UPS backup system attached to the home computer (smart to do at any time, not just emergencies).
- Power inverter, which enables consumers to power their TV or other electronic items from their car, if necessary. However, do not run the car or any gasoline generator in the garage as the carbon monoxide poisoning could prove fatal.
- Cell phone charger that can plug into a car, so communication remains possible without electricity.
- Working batteries in smoke detectors and emergency exit signs.
BatteriesPlus experts provide these storm preparedness tips, batteries and accessories to consumers. With seven area locations, including St. Peters, Chesterfield, Florissant, Creve Coeur, Ballwin, South County and in Fairview Heights, IL, we are in just about everyone’s neighborhood. Plus we strive to remain open throughout the toughest storms to make sure consumers can get the products they need to get through weather emergencies.
“Whenever there’s a weather emergency or natural disaster, people tend to think more about being prepared, regardless of whether they’re directly affected,” said SteveDonnell, owner of seven Batteries Plus locations in the St. Louis area. His
stores are part of the nation’s largest retail battery chain with over 470
locations serving both retail, business, and industrial customers. “Part of our
responsibility as battery experts is to educate consumers about what products
they should have on hand for snow and ice storms and other emergencies.”