The Missouri Department of Transportation will begin work on the Route 364 project this week that will impact two locations along Route 94.
Beginning tonight, Monday, Aug. 29, MoDOT crews between the north and the south outer roads. For three nights, Jungermann will be shut down between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m so workers can place girders for the bridge over Jungermann Road. Drivers can use Queensbrooke Road and Harvester Road to detour around the nightly closures. The last night of closurers is expected to be Aug. 31.
Along with the Jungermann shutdown, crews have moved up the traffic changes around Mid Rivers Mall Drive and Route 94 to Tuesday, Aug. 30, a day earlier than originally planned, due to equipment availability.
Access between Mid Rivers Mall Drive, Route 94 and Pitman Hill will change after this switch.
The traffic switch will take place between 9 .m. and 3 p.m., weather permitting. Crews will open the southbound lanes of the new Mid Rivers Mall Drive bridge and make the south outer road one way between Pitman Hill and the temporary signal east of Mid River Mall Drive. They will also open the ramp from eastbound Route 94 to Pitman Hill and open a temporary ramp from southbound Mid Rivers Mall Drive to westbound Route 94.
There are several traffic switches due to this change. Here are the planned switches and detours (there are some updates in the detours):
To eastbound Route 94:
- From southbound Mid Rivers Mall Drive—cross the bridge, take the south outer road to the temporary signal and turn right onto eastbound Route 94
- From Pitman Hill—Take the south outer road to the temporary signal and turn right onto eastbound Route 94.
To westbound Route 94:
- From southbound Mid Rivers Mall Drive —take the new temporary ramp from the new southbound lanes to westbound Route 94.
- From Pitman Hill—take the south outer road to the temporary signal, cross eastbound Route 94 and turn left on westbound Route 94
To northbound Mid Rivers Mall Drive:
- From westbound Route 94—turn left at the temporary signal, turn left onto the new north outer road and follow it to Mid Rivers Mall Drive.
- From eastbound Route 94—go past Mid Rivers Mall Drive to the temporary signal, turn right and cross westbound Route 94, turn left onto the new north outer road and follow it to Mid Rivers Mall Drive
- From Pitman Hill—turn right onto the south outer road, cross Route 94 at the temporary signal, turn left onto the north outer road and follow it to Mid Rivers Mall Drive.
To Pitman Hill:
- From eastbound Route 94—take the new exit ramp before Mid Rivers Mall Drive
- From westbound Route 94—turn right at the temporary signal and turn left onto the north outer road. Turn left across the new Mid Rivers Mall Drive bridge to Pitman Hill.
- From southbound Mid Rivers Mall Drive—cross the new bridge to Pitman Hill.
During this traffic shift, the first signals north of Route 94 (near and the ) will only allow drivers to turn right into the businesses or right out of the entrance. Drivers can use next signal (by Home Depot and ) to make all turns onto Mid Rivers Mall Drive. Drivers can expect further changes on Mid Rivers Mall Drive in about two months weeks.