Too busy last week to stay up to date on all the news happening in St. Peters? Not to worry. Patch has your back.
In case you missed them, here were some of the top headlines from the St. Peters Patch from the last few days.
Driver on Heroin Charged With Manslaughter Following Fatal Crash in St. Peters
- A St. Peters woman involved in a fatal car crash last month is now facing additional charges. After initially being charged with possession of a controlled substance and unlawful use of drug paraphernalia, Christine Marie Brown, 42, of the first block of Debbie Drive in St. Peters, was given additional charges. According to a report on KMOV.com, Brown was charged with two counts of first-degree manslaughter after an April 13 crash killed two elderly people.
- A man wrecked a minivan that was reported stolen in Wentzville April 16. Daniel J. Reynolds, 42, of the 800 block of Railway Circle in Wentzville, was charged April 24 with tampering with a motor vehicle.
- A St. Peters man is accused of kicking in his neighbor’s apartment door and stealing several items on Friday. Shannon Zeiss, 33, of the 700 block of Highlands Hill Court in St. Peters, was charged Monday with second-degree burglary and felony stealing.
Chemical Explosion Damages St. Peters Home
- A St. Peters home was significantly damaged following a chemical explosion in the basement. According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, major structural damage occurred following an explosion in the basement of a home at 63 Harvest Point Court just before noon on Thursday. Scott Freitag, assistant chief of Cottleville Fire Protection District told the Post-Dispatch two men were refinishing a concrete floor in the basement when fumes ignited.
Flooding Concerns Keep 370 Lakeside Park Closed
- The threat of flooding this spring kept 370 Lakeside Park closed most of the week. Fears of a levee breaking kept the park closed until Friday morning when water levels in the Mississippi River went down.