Too busy last week to stay up to date on all the news happening in St. Peters? Not to worry. Patch has your back.
In case you missed them, here were some of the top headlines from the St. Peters Patch from the last few days.
For Sale: Aldermen Opt to Save Old City Hall
- The St. Peters Board of Aldermen spared the Old City Hall from turning into a parking lot on Thursday night. For now, at least. With the building at 107 Main Street vacant, St. Peters Mayor Len Pagano asked the board to make a decision on the future of the building. Faced with two options—to demolish or sell—the board chose to put the building on the market and see if anyone wants to buy.
Kokomo Joe's Family Fun Center to Open Monday
- A new entertainment facility will open in the former Incredible Pizza Kitchen location in St. Peters on Monday. Kokomo Joe's is a game center aimed at the 4 to 14 crowd that will offer glow in the dark miniature golf, bumper cars, mini bowling, arcade games, snack bar and birthdays. It's located at 4105 North Cloverleaf in St. Peters in the former Incredible Pizza Kitchen building.
Second Plaza Tire Service Location On Its Way to St. Peters
- The former Royal Oaks Chrysler Jeep at 4080 Mexico Road could soon have a full-time tenant. The former car dealership acted as the headquarters for the St. Charles County Republican party last fall, but that was only temporary. At the February meeting of the St. Peters Planning and Zoning Commission, a more permanent tenant sought the approval of the commission.
Bridgeway Behavioral Health Outpatient Center May Move from St. Charles to St. Peters
- Bridgeway Behavioral Health Center may move its outpatient facility from St. Charles to St. Peters following the city of St. Charles' buyout of a portion of the property. Bridgeway Behavioral Health has three locations on South Main Street and South River Road including an outpatient counseling center for alcohol and drug abuse at 1599 Old South River Road. The St. Peters Planning and Zoning Commission unanimously approved Bridgeway's request for a special use permit at the Feb. 6 meeting.
Craigslist Date Ends in Prostitution Proposition and Drunken Assault
- A Craigslist date ended when the woman asked for $1,000 for sex and then assaulted the man when he refused. The woman then spit several times through a cage on a police officer in a squad car during a ride to the St. Peters Justice Center.