When was the last time you experienced pure joy? I'm talking about that feeling you get deep down in your soul that just makes you smile.
I bet you can't even say the word joy without smiling. :o)
Mahatma Gandhi says, "Joy is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."
To me, expressing joy is the positive fulfillment of your authentic self. I am most joyful when I don't care who is around or where I am, I am totally in the moment.
I don't know about you, but I could sure use some joy in my life more often!
Have you seen this video of the little baby laughing? If you haven't, check this out -- PURE JOY!
So I was thinking of things that bring me joy...
1) Singing -- A really intimate, special feeling...especially in front of a crowd, ironically. What a rush!
2) Dancing -- Yes, I love to shake it! I can get lost in the middle of the dance floor, or, in my own home.
3) Listening to great music -- Music moves me
4) Experiencing someone performing at their best -- Think the Olympics, a great concert, a great message or speech
5) Great food -- Need I say more? :) Cooking and eating bring me lots of joy. And always has, by the way, ever since I was really little. I can remember watching people like Julia Child with my family back in the day. Not sure if it was her voice, or the food. And that one man who always said -- "I gar-on-tee! I fell in love with food culture back then. How appropriate that it's what I do now!
6) Watching shows about great food -- See above
7) Hot days and blue skies -- I was a spring baby and I am just giddy when that time of year rolls around. Right now, I know it's hot, but I'm good.
8) Babies -- Did you watch that video yet?
9) When time seems to stand still with someone you love -- This is when there's no place I'd rather be, no matter where I am, with family, a friend, or that special someone.
10) Knowing that I am deeply loved by God and there is nothing I can do to change that -- Hallelujah!
And the list goes on....
I am on a mission to discover, experience, and recognize more things that bring joy. This keeps me in the moment, grounded, grateful, and at peace.
What are some things that bring you joy?
Check out my website: simply-healthy.com!