Towns across the country are getting new recycling centers, giving away rain barrels and installing parking meters with solar panels. Here at Patch, we want to know: What makes St. Peters green?
One of the things that makes the city green is that it promotes being green. The city is doing it's part by:
- Reducing the amount of trash going to landfills through the Blue Bag recycling program and by recylce city.
- Turning yard waste and biosolids into Grade A compost for use on lawns and gardens and parks.
- Retrofiting buildings and park facilities to yield significant energy and cost savings in the future.
- Helping residents make their homes more energy efficient by providing compact fluorescent light bulbs and educational materials.
- Filling the tires of city vehicles with Nitrogen to aid in fuel efficiency and offering the opportunity to our residents to fill the tires of their personal vehicles with Nitrogen also at our Nitrogen Tire Station.
- Encouraging businesses to recycle.
TELL US: What does St. Peters do to help you go green? Do you use any resources from the town to stay green? Share in the comments below.