Habitat for Humanity of St. Charles County has an open position for a cashier in the ReStore. This position is a full-time position where the ideal candidate will work 40 hours per week Tuesday through Saturday. Please note that this is a temporary grant funded position with the potential to become permanent.
The cashier position is responsible for the processing and accepting of payments for purchase of items, answering general questions about the store and merchandise, welcoming customers to the store and assisting customers. The candidate must be willing to adhere to and express the mission of Habitat for Humanity in addition to being able to:
- Multi-task in a variety of areas
- Work within a team while being able to complete tasks independently
- Adhere to the Habitat for Humanity of St. Charles County policies and procedures
- Agree to a background check and drug test
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience working in a retail store environment
- Be able to frequently lift 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds
- Have strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to make change and operate a cash register
- Have the ability to work on their feet for extended periods of time while in a warehouse environment
- Have the availability to work a Tuesday through Saturday work week (required)
- Have strong computer skills along with experience working with various social media sites
Typical daily duties can include:
- Operate a cash register to document sale of merchandise.
- Process cash and credit card transactions while following established procedures for each type of sale.
- Maintain and balance cash drawer at the end of each day.
- Keep up to date on methods of pricing, inventory and procedures.
- Greet customers, answer questions and provide assistance as needed.
- Answer telephone and provide store information, directions, etc. to callers.
- Schedule pick-ups and maintain pick-up schedule.
- Assist with donation procurement appointment scheduling for local area businesses.
- Maintain orderly and clean purchase and showroom areas.
- Regularly communicate with management team regarding sales issues and problems.
- Recommend new/better methods of completing assigned tasks as needed.
Additional duties may include:
- Assisting with the receiving of donations
- Assisting with the pricing and merchandising of donations
- Calling local businesses following the donation procurement guidelines
* As mentioned above, this position is funded through a grant for the period of 12 months. There is the potential for the position time frame to be extended if funding exists. The starting pay for this position could begin at $9.50 an hour depending on experience. If, after the 90 day probationary period the hired candidate has shown exemplary work, the pay could increase.