A man previously charged with burglarizing four vacant homes for copper pipes and wiring now faces 26 such charges in St. Peters.
Joshua Middleton, 23, of the 400 block of Briscoe Lane in O’Fallon, is being charged with 25 counts of second-degree burglary and one count of felony theft. Most of the burglaries are said to have taken place between December 2011 and January 2012.
St. Peters Police said Middleton researched reposessed homes in the area and then broke into the vacant houses to steal copper pipes, wiring and other fixtures. The burglaries including the following dates and places:
- Between Dec. 17-31 in the 100 block of Misty View Lane
- Jan. 9 in the 100 block of Jane Drive
- Between Jan. 10-12 in the first block of Sweetbriar Court
- Jan. 17 in the 200 block of Mill Run Drive
- Between Jan. 4-8 in the first block of Millside Court
- Between Jan.4-5 in the 700 block of Brickingham Drive
- Between Dec. 30 and Jan. 3 in the first block of Wendy Lane
- Between Dec. 1 and Jan. 17 in the first block of Danson Drive
- Between Dec. 31 and Jan 8 in the 100 block of Country Life Drive
- Between Jan. 11-12 in the 200 block of Coachman Way
- Between Jan. 1-10 in the first block of Chip Drive
- Between Aug. 15 and Jan. 10 in the 8200 block of Bristol Valley Court
- Between Dec. 22 and Jan. 8 in the first block of Royal Oaks Drive
- Between Dec. 25 and Jan 8 in the 100 block of Country Life Drive
- Between Dec. 22 and Jan. 8 in the 6400 block of Starbuck Drive
- Between Dec. 17-27 in the first block of Winter Hill Court
- Between Jan. 2-14 in the first block of Violet Drive
- Between Jan. 3-14 in the 38100 block of Opal Drive
- Between Dec. 30 and Jan. 12 in the 1200 block of Golden Harvest Drive
- Between Jan. 10-11 in the first block of Maple Street
- Between Dec. 28 and Jan. 4 in the 500 block of Mardell Drive
- Between Jan. 2-5 in the 600 block of Lake Drive
- Between Dec. 12-26 in the first block of Oak Drive
- Between Dec. 22 and Jan. 10 in the 2300 block of Longmount Drive.
- Jan. 12 in the 300 block of Copper Tree Court
Police said Middleton also stole a power distribution block, copper pipe, electric wire and a marine battery between Dec. 1 and Jan. 8.
Middleton is being held in St. Charles County jail. Bail has been set at $50,000.
For more crime information on St. Peters Patch, see the following articles:
- St. Peters Police Blotter: O'Fallon Man Arrested for Copper Wire Thefts
- Two Arrested for Burglary of a St. Peters Apartment