During the month of March the St. Charles County DWI Task Force conducted several checkpoints.
The task force, comprised of , Lake Saint Louis, St. Charles County, O’Fallon and Cottleville Police Departments, stopped 1,073 vehicles. The checkpoints produced 15 arrests for a variety of reasons—alcohol-related DWI, drug-related DWI and minor in possession to name a few.
Here are some numbers from the checkpoints:
- 1,073 vehicles checked
- 8 DWI arrests (alcohol related)
- 2 DWI arrests (Drug related)
- 3 minor in possession arrests
- 1 suspended/revoked license arrest
- 1 possession of marijuana arrest
- 3 seatbelt warnings
- 6 BAC tests given
- 3 BAC tests refused
- 12 standardized field sobriety tests given
- 1 blood draw
Impaired driving contributes to nearly 30 percent of all Missouri traffic fatalities. In 2011, 220 people were killed and 916 seriously injured in crashes involving an impaired driver.