More red-light cameras will be going up in St. Peters.
After adding red-light photo enforcement cameras in the summer of 2012 at the intersection of Mexico and Spencer Road, the Suburban Journals reports plans to add another set of cameras at westbound McClay Road and Jungermann Road.
The Suburban Journals reports the intersection, which has a Walgreen's and QuikTrip as on each side of McClay, was chosen because of a high number of crashes. In the last three years, the two intersection had a total of 120 crashes, 17 that resulted in injuries. According to a press release, nearly one out of three traffic crashes in the St. Peters were associated with motorists violating stops signs, electric signals and following too closely.
The addition of the McClay/Jungermann camera gives St. Peters red-light cameras at:
- Mexico Road at Cave Springs Boulevard
- Mexico Road at Jungermann Road
- Mexico Road at Spencer Road
- Mid Rivers Mall Drive at Suemandy Road
- Mid Rivers Mall Drive at Grand Teton Road eastbound
- Mid Rivers Mall Drive at Grand Teton Road westbound
- Mid Rivers Mall Drive at Willott Road
- Jungermann Road at McClay Road
St. Peters Police Officers review the photos and video evidence of red-light incidents and authorize notices of violations to be issued to the vehicle operators. The cameras provide a photograph of the driver, the vehicle’s license plates and a 12-second video of the violation.