MoDOT crews will have westbound Interstate 64 closed for portions of this weekend to continue work around the double deck structure downtown. The work should not significantly impact runners and walkers heading to the Race for the Cure downtown.
Crews will close all lanes of westbound I-64 from Broadway to 21st Street starting Friday at 10 a.m. They will reopen one lane between 6 a.m. and 10 a.m. Saturday to allow Race for the Cure participants to get downtown. Then, the lanes remain closed until 3 a.m. Monday. The detour for the closure is Interstate 44 to Jefferson.
During the entire closure, the ramps from 10th Street and 14th Street to westbound I-64 will remain open.
On eastbound Interstate 70 between the Blanchette Bridge and the Earth City Expressway, crews will close two lanes starting at 7:30 p.m. Friday. These lanes will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday.
In addition, crews will close two ramps Friday after 9 p.m. Ramp closures should not impact traffic heading to or from Friday night’s concert at the Verizon Amphitheater.
Crews will close the ramp from southbound Earth City Expressway to eastbound I-70 at 9 p.m. Friday. Crews will also close the ramp from eastbound I-70 to northbound Earth City Expressway at 10 p.m. Friday. All ramps will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday.
Lane, Ramp Closures Scheduled for Interstate 70
Reparis to the I-70 bridge over the Earth City Expressway will impact traffic two weekends in June and one in July, weather permitting. Two lanes will be closed on I-70 and various ramps will be closed. Along with the lane closuers, the remaining open lanes will be narrowed and the speed limit will be reduced.
The repairs to the I-70 bridge are part of the Missouri Department of Transportation's contract for work .
The bridge will close at approximately 7 p.m. on Friday and re-open at 5 a.m. on Monday on June 22 to 24: Two lanes of eastbound I-70 will be closed. The eastbound I-70 exit to Earth City north and the ramp from Earth City south to eastbound I-70 will also be shut down. The weekend includes a concert at on Friday feature REO Speedwagon, Styx and Ted Nugent.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-270, St. Louis County, all northbound and southbound lanes closed from I-44 to Manchester Road for up to 15 minutes at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on weekdays until August 2012. This work is canceled on Thursday and Friday of this week.
- I-44, St. Louis County, one lane closed in each direction from Lewis Road to Antire Road until mid-September 2012. Two lanes in each direction are open in this section around the clock. A third westbound lane opens from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays during the evening rush period.
- I-64, St. Louis City, the Broadway ramp to westbound I-64 will be closed until October.
- I-64, St. Louis City, one westbound I-64 lane will be closed from Broadway to 21st Street around the clock until October.
- I-70, St. Louis City, right lane on eastbound I-70 closed from St. Louis Avenue to Broadway until summer 2012.
- I-70, St. Louis City, entrance ramp from 11th Street to eastbound I-70 closed until summer 2012.
- Grand Blvd, St. Louis City, closed from I-64 to Chouteau by St. Louis City until mid 2012.
- Wellington, St. Louis City, closed over the River Des Peres until late 2012.
- Baxter Road, St. Louis County, Baxter Road is closed between Route HH and Clarkson, through the summer.
- I-55, Jefferson County, until November, the ramp from northbound I-55 to Route M is closed.