is the newest president of the Board of Aldermen.
The Ward 1 Alderman was named the president of the board during Thursday’s meeting. Reitmeyer, , takes over for Tommy Roberts, Ward 3, as the president of the board.
Reitmeyer, an Alderman since 2000, has served as President once before and he said he is looking forward to doing it again.
“I’m really excited about it,” he said. “Our city is doing great.”
Reitmeyer’s ascension was just part of the yearly restructuring of the board. Roberts took nominations and requests from Aldermen to fill the open spots on board and commissions that require aldermanic representation.
“I think we all push for it—being president,” Reitmeyer said. “It’s what we do. It’s a leadership job.”
Roberts made a recommendation based on his findings during the work session, a recommendation that was met with no objections. During the subsequent meeting, all of Robert’s recommendations were approved by unanimous vote.
The new appointments are:
- Board President: Rocky Reitmeyer (Ward 1)
- Outpatient Surgical Treatment Center Medical Review Board: Dave Thomas (Ward 1), Don Aytes (Ward 4)
- Parks, Recreation & Arts Advisory Board: Judy Bateman (Ward 2), Gus Elliott (Ward 3)
- Planning and Zoning Commission: Jerry Hollingsworth (Ward 2)
- Veterans Memorial Commission: Rocky Reitmeyer (Ward 1), Judy Bateman (Ward 2)
- St. Peters Youth Leadership Council: Tommy Roberts (Ward 3), Gus Elliott (Ward 3)
- Senior Advisory Committee: Dave Thomas (Ward 1)
- Green Environmental and Solid Waste Issues Advisory Committee: Tommy Roberts (Ward), Patrick Barclay (Ward 4)
Alderman Aytes, along with serving on the Outpatient Surgical Treatment Center Medical Review Board, volunteered to act as a backup. He said he would gladly fill in for any Aldermen who cannot make a meeting.
Another change made Thursday was the re-naming of the Green Environmental and Solid Waste Issues Advisory Committee. The long name has been shortened to the St. Peters Green Team, pending approval at the May 24 meeting.