With many resolutions for the new year involving getting in shape, the St. Peters Rec-Plex is opening the doors on Saturday for the Fitness Fest.
The public is invited to try out the Rec-Plex for free during the Fitness Fest. The event runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Guests can try out the state-of-the art equipment in the 8,000-square-foot fitness area, a newly rubberized indoor track, swimming, ice skating, basketball, volleyball and more. Rec-Plex staff will be available to provide a tour of the facility.
Here are the facilities open to the public on Fitness Fest:
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.: cardio room, weight training room and indoor track (must be age 16 or over)
- 9 a.m. to noon: volleyball
- Noon to 3 p.m.: basketball
- Noon to 3 p.m.: large heated family leisure pool (with water play features, large whirlpool/current channel, and 130-foot waterslide), recreational swimming, adult lap swimming, spa and sauna
- 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.: ice skating
- Vendor booths and displays
Personal trainers will provide Fitness Assessments from 9 a.m. to noon for a fee of $25 to the general public, or free to any Rec-Plex members (including new members who join on Fitness Fest). Advance reservations are encouraged.
Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital also will offer cholesterol screening for $5 per person from 9 a.m. to noon.
The Rec-Plex offers new membership options ranging from month-to-month to multiple-year passes. A new Grandparent Family Pass allows grandparents to buy a membership for themselves and their grandchildren, whether or not they live in St. Peters. And, the Rec-Plex has raised the age limit for children on Family Passes to 26.
Rec-Plex members get full access to the Rec-Plex and its facilities, plus members can sign up for many monthly aerobics classes for free. The Rec-Plex also offers GOLD PLUS memberships that provide extra benefits including many more free classes and programs, free Tot Drop babysitting services and more.