Help With Roller Hockey Tournament
The will be the center of the roller hockey world Aug. 1-12 as thousands of the best roller hockey players in the United States and Canada compete in STATE WARS 8. This two-week battle will decide the United States Roller Hockey Championships right here in our hometown. The Rec-Plex looking for volunteers to help make this event at the Rec-Plex the best that STATE WARS participants have ever seen.
Volunteer shifts are from 2-2 ½ hours long between 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. If interested in volunteering, e-mail email@example.com or call 636.279.8207.
Donate Food to Help Salvation Army Stop Hunger
Stop by participating Walmart locations and make a food donation July 13, 14 and 15. Food bins will be available at each entrance or make a donation online. These items are needed:
- Canned Vegetables
- Protein Items
- Canned Chicken
- Canned Tuna
- Powdered Milk
- Peanut Butter
Volunteers Needed for Homeless Census
The City of St. Louis seeks volunteers to assist with conducting the summer Homeless Census on Wednesday, July 25. The census gathers information about the size and characteristics of the homeless population of St. Louis. This is essential to the effective planning and provision of homeless assistance and prevention services.
- Volunteers will work in teams of four or five, canvassing the city and filling out a 10-question survey with individuals who are homeless
- Volunteers will meet on July 25 at 11 a.m. for orientation at 1520 Market Street, St. Louis, MO 63103
- Teams will carpool to various locations throughout the city and conduct the census on foot
- Teams make take one to three hours to completely canvas their assigned areas and the work will be completed by 2 p.m.
- Volunteers are encouraged to wear walking shoes and dress appropriately for the weather
- You can park at a meter or in the Scottrade Center parking lot (volunteers are responsible for all parking fees).
Contact Kelly Carlblom (314) 657-1712 or firstname.lastname@example.org to signu p.
Thank you for your support of the community through your participation in United Way’s St. Louis Cares program.
Sign Up Now to Help With PGA Tour
The Senior PGA Tour is looking for volunteers for next May's Senior PGA Championship, to be held at . The event, May 21-26, 2013, will require approximately 1,600 volunteers to help with everything from transportation to player leader boards. Registration for volunteers is open. There is a $135.22 fee to volunteer, which covers the following:
- Official Senior PGA Championship uniform including 74th Senior PGA Championship shirt, wind jacket, and hat/visor.
- Official 74th Senior PGA Championship Program
- $10 discount at the Championship Golf Shop
- Preferred parking
- Food and water vouchers
- Senior PGA lanyard
Volunteers will be assigned on a first-come first served basis, and should be able to work 3-4 hours. To register online go to http://spga2013.com, or contact the 2013 Senior PGA Championship Office (314) 594-0148.
Does your group need volunteers? Submit your event here and email editor Kalen Ponche at email@example.com.