Major renovations are underway to the restaurant at 1365 Jungermann Road in St. Peters.
The building, which was originally built as a Captain D's and most recently housed a Super Smokers, is being redone and remodeled to make way for Freddy's Frozen Custard.
In the last Planning and Zoning meeting of 2012, the commission approved an architectural amendment to allow the renovations to the building. Freddy's plans to add a small cooler/freezer on the lot. Also the building will be faced with tan EFS and a red and white awning will be added to the front of the restaurant. The front of the building will have an ice cream cone logo and LED lights.
The commission approved the plans, with only a small change. The commission requested Freddy's make adjustment to the cooler screening area.
Freddy's is a national chain of restaurants with seven locations in Missouri. The St. Peters location is the only one in the St. Louis area.