Spring is here: A time when our thoughts turn lightly to, jazz? Well, why not? The Greater St. Louis Jazz Festival earlier this month got Patch thinking about where else folks can enjoy this all-American musical genre.
- Funky Butt Brass Band
- 6 p.m. Friday,
- No cover charge.
- Update: "NOTICE: The Brandt's show on Friday has been canceled.
- 7 p.m. Monday, Jazz at Webster presents the Big Band
- Cost: General admission is $5; $3 for seniors; students are free.
- Genesis Jazz Project Concert. The group consists of students from the University of Missouri, St. Louis.
- 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Lee Theater, Touhill Performing Arts Center
- Cost: Free
- Jazz St. Louis All-Stars, a group that consists of top young musicians from around the area
- Two shows each day, 8:30 and 10:30 p.m. May 5 and 6 at The Bistro, St. Louis
- Cost: General admission is $15; students pay $10
- O n the second Tuesdays of June, July and August from 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. in
- The Whitaker Music Festival at the Missouri Botanical Garden is series of Wednesday concerts that runs June 1 through August 3. Music kicks off at 7:30.
- Both are free.
has a fall and spring Jazz and Blues Vespers series that just ended for the year. Featuring local bands and combos, the Sunday evening performances are free. The series will resume in October, so stay tuned!
This list is by no means exhaustive. Please share your own tips for finding cheap or free jazz in our comments section.