The Missouri Department of Transportation has more than 100 construction and maintenance work zones planned in the metropolitan area during the next week.
MoDOT asks drivers to slow down and be aware in work zones.
From downtown St. Louis to Franklin County, MoDOT crews and contractors are taking advantage of the good weather to make progress on major construction projects. This includes such as widening Interstate 270 between Manchester Road and Interstate 44, and the I-44 pavement reconstruction between Lewis Road and Route 141.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-270, St. Louis County, all northbound and southbound lanes closed from I-44 to Manchester Road for up to 15 minutes at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on weekdays until August 2012.
- I-44, St. Louis County, one eastbound lane closed from Lewis Road to Antire Road until mid-September 2012. Two eastbound lanes are open in this section.
- I-44, St. Louis County, one westbound lane closed from Antire Road to Lewis Road until mid-September 2012. Two open westbound lanes are shifted to the eastbound lanes in this section throughout the summer. A third lane opens from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. on weekdays for the evening rush period.
- I-64, St. Louis City, the Broadway ramp to westbound I-64 will be closed until October.
- I-64, St. Louis City, one westbound I-64 lane will be closed from Broadway to 21st Street around the clock until October.
- I-70, St. Louis City, right lane on eastbound I-70 closed from St. Louis Avenue to Broadway until summer 2012.
- I-70, St. Louis City, entrance ramp from 11th Street to eastbound I-70 closed until summer 2012.
- Grand Blvd, St. Louis City, closed from I-64 to Chouteau by St. Louis City until mid 2012.
- Wellington, St. Louis City, closed over the River Des Peres until late 2012.
- I-55, Jefferson County, until November, the ramp from northbound I-55 to Route M is closed.
- Baxter Road, St. Louis County, Baxter Road is closed between Route HH and Clarkson, through the summer.